Logo

Martley Guild Committee Minutes


Back to the minutes web page.



			        MARTLEY DISTRICT CHANGE
                                RINGERS GUILD
		                Master:  Martin Stallard
		                4 Teasel Close, 
                                Worcester WR5 3ST
		                01905 352857


THE MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT JOE CROCKER'S HOUSE ON FRIDAY MARCH 9TH 2018 AT 1.45 PM


Present: Martin Stallard,  Janet Mann,   
John Haydon, Joe Crocker, Janet Stallard,  Margaret Bayliss.
Also Martin Curren.

1) Apologies for absence: Michael Snelling.

2) Minutes of the committee meeting: Held on Friday December 1st 2017. 
3) Matters arising: The minute "John Haydon to communicate to the towers via a letter and take it from there." is incorrect. 
It should have read "John Haydon will bring a sample letter for discussion at the next Committee Meeting".      

4) Correspondence:  John Haydon e-mailed a sample letter on the future of the Guild.
5) Guild Events 2018: Outing on Thursday December 28th 2017.  Successful.                                         
Plain and Little Bob Minor Practice 11 am Tuesday 20th February at Shrawley. Successful.                                                         
Grandsire and Stedman Doubles Practice 11 am Tuesday 17th April at Clifton.
Short Break to Cheshire Wednesday May 16th through Saturday May 19th. Planning complete. 
Martley Guild outing to Brecon Wednesday 20th June. Brecon towers confirmed.
Evening Outing to Hanley Swan and Hanley Castle Thursday July 19th.
Afternoon and Evening Outing to Tenbury Wells area Thursday August 23rd.
General Doubles Practice 11 am Thursday September 13th at Grimley.
Fifth Wednesday Practices at Hallow to continue. All on schedule

6) Hereford Course:  Judith O'Leary attending but does not require funding.
                                    
7) The Future of the Guild:  A further discussion took place upon the future of the Martley Guild following on from the last committee meeting. 
John Haydon provided a sample letter upon the Future of the Guild.  It will go out for comment. 
Main points are: Should the Guild continue or not? if so will you be a member of the committee? Do memebers want a Special General Meeting? 
John Haydon to post the letter to Tower Captains. Martin Stallard to e-mail all members a week afrer the letter was sent. 
If the Guild is wound up, we would discuss events at a suitable venue, for example, a pub. Then communicate events via e-mail.  

8) Next Meeting Date: Next meeting Friday 1st June 2018 1 pm at Joe's house. Where we will  discuss responses to the Future of the Martley Guild letter. 
                                                                                                          
9) AOB.  None          
                                                                                                                                               
The meeting closed at 2:30 pm. 


Back to the minutes web page.

Back to the home web page.