Logo

Martley Guild Committee Minutes


Back to the minutes web page.



			        MARTLEY DISTRICT CHANGE
                                RINGERS GUILD
		                Master:  Martin Stallard
		                4 Teasel Close, 
                                Worcester WR5 3ST
		                01905 352857



THE MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT THE CAMP GRIMLEY ON TUESDAY March 18th 2014 AT 7.45PM


Present: Martin Stallard, Martin Curren,  Joe Crocker, John Haydon, Michael Snelling, Margaret Bayliss, Janet Mann.

1) Apologies for absence:  Janet Stallard.

2) Minutes of the committee meeting held on November 26th 2013: These were signed by the chairman as a correct record. 

3) Matters arising There were no matters arising..

4) Correspondence There was no correspondence. 

5) Treasurer’s Report In the absence of the Treasurer the Master confirmed funds are in good health with a balance 
of £1060 and the web site is paid for the next two years. There are no overdue subscriptions.
6) Ringing Steward’s Report Joe Crocker reported that things seemed to be going well so far with good support for the monthly practices.

7) Record Secretary’s Report Michael Snelling reported that, since the last meeting, there had    
been 5 quarter peals (four of them at Shrawley in December) and one date touch for 2013.

8) Guild Activities. The Double Norwich practice was successful although we only just had enough ringers. 
The next will be on April 10th and hopefully more people will turn up. 
John Haydon will organise the Walk and Rail event on 11th July starting at Bewdley at 10.30. 
John will also organise the Worcester evening outing on 2nd October covering All Saints and Old St Martins. 
Fred will organise the Guild outing in June and the evening outings in July and August.

9) 40th Anniversary plans. The Master suggested that we combine the AGM with an Anniversary Guild dinner and proposed 
Wednesday 12th November as the date. There was unanimous agreement for this and John Haydon offered to organise this 
with the Waggon Wheel and subsequently circulate all members. Fred will ask Jenny Beacham to contact the vicar at Hallow 
to check that the church is available. Additional invitations should go to original founder members 
Dave Pratt, Ron Repton and John Whittall. 

10) Update on planned trip to Wales . Martin Stallard had received another update from Dave Cropp with all towers 
confirmed except Laugherne and St Davids. Most people have secured accommodation. There was still some concern 
expressed about driving times between towers.

11) Hereford Course. The Guild has not received any applications for grants this year.

12) AOB John Haydon will check on progress with ringing at Shelsley. 
The Secretary mentioned that Tim Munslow has offered to put a plan together for a ringing outing in 2015 to the Marlborough area. 
This was unanimously supported and Tim will be asked to go ahead and organise this ideally for early May 2015.

Next meetings are 23rd September and 25th November.


The meeting finished at 20.55pm. 


Back to the minutes web page.

Back to the home web page.