Martley Guild Committee Minutes

Back to the minutes web page.

                                RINGERS GUILD
		                Master:  Martin Stallard
		                4 Teasel Close, 
                                Worcester WR5 3ST
		                01905 352857


Present: Martin Stallard, Martin Curren, John Haydon, Lyn Wheeler, Jenny Beacham, Michael Snelling, 
Joe Crocker, Margaret Bayliss.

1)	Apologies for absence: Janet Stallard.

2)	Minutes of the committee meeting held on November 29th 2011: 
Jenny Beacham noted that the date for the Guild practice at Astley had to be changed 
subsequently to June 18th otherwise these were signed by the chairman as a correct record. 

3)	Matters arising No matters arising

4)	Correspondence The secretary noted that Andrew Horn had taken over as Tower Captain at Ombersley from David Wood. 
The secretary had thanked David on behalf of the Guild for his good work over many years. 

5)	Treasurer's Report There have been no requests for funds and the balance remains similar to the last report. 
John Haydon offered to help the Treasurer in chasing overdue subs.

6)	Ringing Steward's Report Jenny has circulated the list of monthly practices to all Towers and 
has been emailing towers before each practice.

7)	Record Secretary's Report Lyn reported a total of 17 Quarter Peals since the last meeting as follows:- 2 at Clifton 
                     4 at Grimley 
	             1 at Hallow
                     4 at Martley
                     5 at Shrawley	
	             1 outside the Guild at St Swithuns.

8)	Guild Events. 
a) Guild Outing. Fred has Gloucester Cathedral confirmed for 16.15 to 17.15. 
He and Janet will check other Gloucester options and plan to finish at Much Cowarne 
with a meal in the evening at the Plough Stoke Lacy.

c) Evening Outings. Fred Stallard will organise the usual outing to finish at the Three Kings on Thursday 19th July 
and another to ring at Elmley Lovett and Kidderminster on Thursday 16th August. 
John Haydon will organise another evening outing to St Swithuns and Old St Martins in Worcester on Thursday 17th May.

d) Walk/Rail/Ring. John Haydon will organise a day based around the Severn Valley Line on Friday 14th September.

e) St George's Day. The Bishop has asked for all towers to ring on Monday 23rd April to mark St George's day.

f) Diamond Jubilee. It is proposed to aim to achieve a quarter peal in every Guild Tower during the period of the 
Queen's Diamond Jubilee on June 5th. The Secretary will email all Tower Captains to remind them of this and offer 
help if needed.

9)	New Members: Les Smith has paid his subs to be an unattached member. 
Janet Mann has joined the Hallow band and Maria Masters has joined the Martley band. 
They should be proposed as Western Branch members at the next opportunity if not already members.

6)  Ringing Outing to Yorkshire: Dave Cropp was unable to attend but Lyn Wheeler gave an update on his behalf. 
He has 12 people attending Thursday, 18 on Friday (which is the day including Yorkshire "tailends"), 
16 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. The Committee asked Lyn to convey our thanks to Dave for his efforts.

8) Hereford Course. Three members have secured places on the course, Tom Briggs, his mother and Margaret Bayliss. 
All of them have been offered help with funds from the Sarah Beacham Fund.

10) AOB:
Michael Snelling contacted Chris Martin to discover that Chris is keen to carry on looking after  
Guild Regalia and confirmed that the minimum order size is 150. Fred will arrange for details to go on the 
Guild website and circulate this to everyone.
Fred noted some concerns about the practicality of holding the AGM at OSM and the Swithins Institute. 
The Committee decided to take heed of this and voted to revert to holding the AGM at Martley in the normal way. 
John Haydon will explain our decision to Mark Regan.
The next meeting is on 25th September 2012.
The meeting finished at 20.55pm. 

Back to the minutes web page.

Back to the home web page.